InterGuard software provides the option to receive email reports and exports on an on-demand or automated recurring process. There are many different types of reports and exports that can be generated. This guide serves as an overview on how to configure reports and exports and the differences between the types.
The first section we will be looking at in this guide is under the Dashboard > Reports section after logging into www.sonarcentral.com:
Select the "Add" button to create a new report. There are two main types of reports as seen below:
- Pre-Set Reports: Pre-set reports allow you to setup an email report that contains existing graphs and charts for selected data types. There is an extensive list of selections to be made for these report types and they can be fully customized. Select the option for a bar chart, line graph, pie chart or table chart for the selected pre-set widget option. Place a check mark in the box to the left of each selected pre-set widget. EXAMPLE REPORT
- Custom Reports: Custom reports allow you to customize the data that is included in the report which give you greater flexibility on the reporting options.
- Investigation Reports: Find specific recorded data that matches user defined policies. Report on Emails, IM/Chat data, Websites visited, Printed Documents, Keystrokes, and Program data that matches specific criteria as setup during the reports wizard. EXAMPLE REPORT
- Daily Activity log by User Report: See a daily log of all user's activities in an excel file from all recorded data types. EXAMPLE REPORT
- Top 5 Activity Report: See top 5 users by selected activity. Specific data type options available during the reports wizard. EXAMPLE REPORT
- Top 5 User Report: See top activities by selected user(s)/group(s). Specific activity options available during the reports wizard. EXAMPLE REPORT
- Detailed: Detailed exports contain each individual piece of recorded data for a selected Group(s)/User(s) and data types for the selected time-frame.
- Example: A user visits gmail.com 23 times and spends a total of 65 minutes on gmail.com over the course of these 23 visits to this site. A detailed export will show each individual visit to gmail.com and the time spent for each visit. So, 23 line-items in the report one for each visit to the site. EXAMPLE EXPORT REPORT
- Summary: Summary exports contain summarized data from selected Group(s)/User(s) and data types for the selected time-frame.
- Example: A user visits gmail.com 23 times and spends a total of 65 minutes on gmail.com over the course of these 23 visits to this site. A summary export will show one line item for gmail.com with 23 total visits for a total of 65 minutes spent on the site. EXAMPLE EXPORT REPORT
For all report types, both individual users and entire groups can be selected. Click the + symbol to expand the group and select individual users:
Select the report time-frame option that works best for you:
Select the file type for the selected report:
Add email recipients who will be receiving a copy of the reports:
And finally, hit "Finish" to save the report.