1) Locate the VIPRE icon from the status panel on the desktop. The VIPRE icon is a blue icon with a white v. Right click the icon and select "Shutdown VIPRE":
2) Now launch your web browser navigate to the web console and proceed to download and install the software. When prompted to reboot the computer un-check the box to select "no" so the computer does not reboot.
3) Open the VIPRE interface and select "Manage" from the top right of the window:
4) Scroll to "Exclude From Scans" and click on "Manage Excluded Items":
5) Select the type as "Folder" and enter in the path found in the dashboard under Settings > Account Information > Paths to Exclude for Anti-virus software, or via the popup window after selecting to download the installer file.
6) Once completed, then reboot the computer.