- Locate the icon for Norton Security in the bottom right hand of the screen. Right click and select ‘’Open Norton Security”.
- On the ‘Security’ tab, click on the button labeled ‘Advanced’.
- Under the row that says ‘Computer’ is an option labeled ‘Auto-Protect’. Switch this option off; this will enable a popup to show. Under ‘Select the duration’ , select “Until System Restarts”
- Log in to your web account and follow the installation instructions. DO NOT RESTART COMPUTER AFTER INSTALLATION. Go back to the main menu and click on the ‘Settings’. Click on the option labeled ‘Anti-virus’. Open the tab labeled ‘Scans and Risks’ and scroll down to the drop down labeled ‘Exlcusions / Low Risks’. Then select ‘Items to exclude from scans’.
- In the next window, click on ‘Add Folders’ and search for installation folder path, which can be found in the dashboard under Settings > Account Information > Paths to Exclude for Anti-virus software, or via the popup window after selecting to download the installer file. Important Note: The path excluded in this example will be different then the path you must exclude for your account as this folder is randomized. Please use the path located in your account. Add your folder to the exclusion list and save.
6.Reboot the computer.
Article ID: 122, Created: 10/2/2018 at 5:33 PM, Modified: 8/6/2019 at 8:15 PM