1) Locate Windows Defender antivirus software and right click the icon from the status panel. Then, click ‘View Security Dashboard'.
2) There should be a menu of options on the left hand side of the window. Click on ‘Virus & Threat Protection’ and then ‘Virus & Threat Protection Settings’. Disable the option labeled ‘Real-Time Protection’ by clicking on the small circle. It should turn from blue to white. You will also receive a notification stating the Real Time Protection is off and that your device is vulnerable. This is normal.
3) Launch the installer for InterGuard. Follow the instructions and install the software. At the end of the installation, there will be a prompt to reboot your computer. DO NOT restart your computer yet.
4) On the 'Virus & Threat protection' page, scroll down and locate the option marked ‘Exclusions’ and click on the button that reads ‘Add or Remove exclusions’.
5) Click on 'Add an exclusion' and select 'Folder' from the drop down menu. The file that you want to exclude is the installation folder, which can be found under 'Account Settings' in the InterGuard web interface. For this example, our installation folder will be in C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dmktc. Highlight ‘dmktc’ and click on ‘Select Folder’.
6) After the file has been successfully excluded, reboot your system to complete the installation.