1. Disable Webroot by right clicking the Webroot logo in the bottom right of the screen and selecting ‘Shut Down Protection’. A prompt will ask you if you want to shut it down, click Yes. You will then be required to type in a captcha password.
2. Log into your web account.
3. On top of the page, click on Available Licenses > Add A new PC. Follow the instructions that pop up afterwards. Download and install. Reboot computer per instructions.
4. On reboot, Webroot will automatically detect our software as a threat. Uncheck the white box on the left labeled ‘Remove’ and click on Continue.
5. On the next screen, Click on the button labeled ‘Allow’ in order to exclude the installation folder for proper use which can be found in the dashboard under Settings > Account Information > Paths to Exclude for Anti-virus software, or via the popup window after selecting to download the installer file. Important Note: The path excluded in this example will be different then the path you must exclude for your account as this folder is randomized. Please use the path located in your account.
Article ID: 111, Created: 9/14/2018 at 5:06 PM, Modified: 12/27/2019 at 3:33 PM